Product Manager, Hardware
About the Job
As Product Manager for a new startup, you will be a key contributor to growing our business and will lead not only development and engineering, but manufacturing and supply chain. You will work closely with vendors, sales and product marketing teams. This role will be driving schedules, vendors, and deliverables. You will uncover and understand customer needs, translate them into requirements, and ensure implementation plans match expectations. As the hardware expert on our team, you will be expected to assess and address technical risks, coordinate tests, and define success criteria for testing and product acceptance and finally manufacturing. The role requires a mix of technical depth, analytical decision making, entrepreneurship and an understanding of the customer market. We are specifically looking for competence in hardware product management in the electronics space. More importantly, we are looking for a team player, good communicator, and someone that understands the complexities and unique nature of a startup environment and who can thrive in that environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 4+ years experience in distribution channel or manufacture experience in hardware product management.
- 2-4 years of experience in developing and manufacturing new electronics products, must have completed at least one full hardware development cycle through product launch.
- At least 2 years of experience working with supply chains, both domestic and international.
- Previous experience with consumer electronics and audio tech is preferred.
- Mechanical and assembly experience a major plus.
- Demonstrated business communication skills, including but not limited to verbal and written communication skills, the ability to communicate effectively over the phone and very strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Team player a must.
You Must Demonstrate:
- Belief in our mission. You are a lifelong learner and committed to bringing high quality comfortable earbuds to the masses.
- You are a strategic thinker. You can connect the dots between business goals, efficiencies and user needs, define clear outcomes and create solutions.
- You are Curious and scrapy in getting what you need to be successful. You are looking to develop new products, new ideas, and always searching to improve how we do things here at Buderflys.
- A love of product management and design. You are able to prioritize in a dynamic environment and you are well-versed in the best practices of product design and development and moving a product through the stages needed to delight the end customer.
- The ability to get things done. You have a track record of creating, developing, manufacturing, leading teams outside of your particular skill sets, and shipping products in a highly collaborative environment with a diverse group of partners.
About Buderflys and our Team
We are a team of creative thinkers, life-long learners, and audiophiles. As we walk, work, bike, ski, ride, commute, and occasionally sleep with earbuds, we know that the ability to wear earbuds for a long period of time, comfortably, and with incredible clarity of sound is vital to how we discover great content and communicate. Our team is united by the challenge of making earbuds that fit and sound amazing, and value the importance of integrity, communication, curiosity, and collaboration as we meet this challenge.
Buderflys is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.